2018 NetVU Award Winners Recognized for Outstanding Achievement Automation, Advocacy, Leadership, Service Honored at Accelerate, powered by NetVU
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Laura Packard, 832.493.5828, laura@Aartrijk.com
ATLANTA (May 17, 2018) -- Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) celebrated outstanding achievements in automation excellence, technology advocacy, leadership, volunteer service and chapter administration at an awards gala held during the "Accelerate, powered by NetVU," conference at the Georgia World Congress Center.
"NetVU is proud to recognize those volunteers, MGAs and companies that have made significant contributions to the Vertafore user community and insurance industry this past year," said NetVU CEO Kitty Ambers, CIC, CPIA, CISR. "These individuals and organizations have excelled in leadership, innovation, advocacy and volunteer development. They inspire us to be our best at using technology to improve our business processes, increase productivity and better serve our customers."
Winners were announced for the Automation Excellence Award (carriers, MGAs and agencies), Insurance Technology Advocate Award in Memory of Wade S. Dunbar Jr., Volunteer of the Year Award in Memory of James M. Gibson, Leadership Award in Memory of Louie E. Woodbury Jr., and Chairman's Award.
In addition, outstanding chapters were recognized through the Phoenix Award and the Chapter of the Year Award. Chapter MVPs, NCOM (NetVU's online community) MVPs, Vertafore Ambassadors and Volunteer Development Program participants were also acknowledged.
The Automation Excellence Award
recognizes carriers, MGAs and agencies that have demonstrated significant achievements in automation technology to promote productivity, profitability and service for NetVU members. Winners in this category have advanced cutting-edge ideas to enhance efficiency, increase profitability and streamline operations.
Automation Excellence Award, Regional Carrier — Motorists Insurance Group, Columbus, Ohio
Automation Excellence Award, National Carrier — Liberty Mutual Insurance, Boston, Massachusetts
Automation Excellence Award, MGA — Johnson & Johnson, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Automation Excellence Award, Agency (less than 50 employees) — Evarts Tremaine, Cleveland, Ohio
Automation Excellence Award, Agency (50-100 employees)— Deeley Insurance Group, Willards, MD
Automation Excellence Award, Agency (over 100 employees) — BKCW, Austin, Texas
This award is presented to an individual who has led the industry in technological advancement and provided leadership on an industry-wide basis. NetVU developed the award to recognize those who emulate Wade Dunbar's passion for streamlining the insurance process.
Winner — Keith A. Savino, CPIA, managing partner, Broadfield Insurance Group, Warwick, New York.
The award recognizes an individual who has led through example, achieved results and demonstrated outstanding volunteer service to NetVU and its community of members during the past year.
Winner — Cathy Hall, CPRM, CIC, AAI, AIM, vice president, Forest Agency, Forest Park, Illinois.
This award recognizes long-time leadership, proven achievement and contributions to NetVU and the industry. The recipient of this award is recognized as a leader in his community, the industry and within NetVU in support of its mission.
Winner — Allyne R. Miller, operations manager, Allen Lawrence & Associates, Canoga Park, California.
The current NetVU chairman presents the Chairman's Award for service to NetVUand the community of Members that have made a significant impact on the Chairman’s strategic goals.
Awards in the past have been issued to members, Vertafore employees, insurance carriers and
industry partners working in conjunction with the chairman on NetVU initiatives.
Winner — Gary Bossert, vice president of operations, MMIC Agency, Raleigh, North Carolina.
NetVU chapters are an integral part of the NetVU community. Awards are given in categories designed to recognize membership growth, innovation and service.
2018 Phoenix Award for chapter revitalization — BenefitPoint Users Group, accepted by Tony Fronza
2018 Chapter of the Year Award for outstanding growth, participation in the NetVU community, member participation and new programs — ImageRight NetVU Chapter, accepted by Jessica Jeffress and Jayni C. Cambell, CISR
Chapter & NCOM MVPs
NetVU honors volunteers, nominated by their chapter leaders, who have gone the extra mile in service to their chapter with Chapter MVP recognition. Members who are active in NetVU's online community, NCOM, are recognized as NCOM MVPs.
Chapter MVPs for 2018
- Tara Juszynski, NcIA, AMS360 Accounting Chapter | Tri-State Insurance Agency
- Sara Fish, EHBA, BenefitPoint Users Group | USI Insurance Services LLC
- Shaun Kuffel, CISR, Big Chill NetVU Group | Assured Partners of Minnesota
- Donna Parker, CISR, NcIA, Central Illinois User Group | Peterson Insurance Services doing business as Starkey Insurance Agency
- Wendy Lawlor, CISR, CIC, NcAM, Central NY NetVU Chapter | The Burns Agency
- Wendy Pierce, CISR, CIC, Easter PA Users Group | Roehrs & Company Inc.
- Cynthia Wengert, Georgia NetVU Group | Brock Insurance Agency Inc.
- Norm Meister, Golden State NetVU Chapter | Tri-County Insurance Services
- Tim Thompson, CIC, CRIS, MLIS, Heart of Texas Users Group | Allison & Thompson Insurance & Risk Management Solutions
- Marlene Fletcher, Houston NetVU Chapter | TDECU Insurance Agency LLC
- Jayni Campbell, CISR, ImageRight NetVU Chapter | Marshall & Sterling, Inc.
- Kendra Pearce, Indi Midwest NetVU Users Group | Weber Insurance & Realty Brokers
- Ava Locascio, NcAM, CAPI, Long Island NetVU | Dayton Ritz & Osborne
- Rose Thompke, NcIA, Michigan NetVU | Larkin Group of Traverse City
- Stacy Ham, CISR, CIC, Midwest Sagitta Users Group | Holmes Murphy & Associates LLC
- Kathy Henderson, Nashville NetVU Chapter | White & Associates/ First Citizen Insurance
- Mike Havens, NetVU AIM & MGA User Group | RT Specialty
- Benjamin Lynds, NcSA, NetVU New England | F. A. Peabody Company
- Carol Karp, New Jersey AMS360 | Beckerman & Company Insurance
- Sue Brown, Northeast Sagitta | Cool Insuring Agency Inc.
- Don-nae Leyva, CIC, Pacific West Sagitta Users Group | Marsh & McLennan Agency
- Shana Roggeveen, Point 'N Click NetVU Users Group | UICCU Insurance Services LLC
- Gina Foster, CIC, CRIS, ACSR, Red River Users Group | Davis Dyer & Max Inc.
- Dean Giem, CIC, Rocky Mountain VU | Security First Insurance Agency
- Kate O'Toole, NcSA-Sagitta, Sagitta All Users Chapter Inc. | Dowling & O'Neil Insurance Agency
- Vicki Byrd, ACSR, CISR, CRIS, Southern Sagitta Users Group | Ward & Moore Insurance Services LP
- Tammy Traser, CIC, Sunshine State Users Group | Brown & Brown of Florida Inc.
- Heather Donley, NcSA, U-VU Ohio | Stolly Insurance Group
- Megan McGroarty, CISR, Western PA | McGroarty & Bradburn Insurance
- Cathy Hall, CPRM, CIC, AAI, AIM, CPIA, Windy City NetVU | Forest Agency Insurance
NCOM MVPs for 2018
- Jennifer Drake, Mountain State Insurance Agency
- Lauren Fisher, Clay & Land Insurance
- Kathy Henderson, White & Associates
- Wendy Lawlor, The Burns Agency
- Karen Love, Aronson Insurance
- Joe Murphy, Gunn-Mowery LLC
- Alisa Sutman, Winona Agency
- Gary Williams,The Williams Insurance Group Inc.
- Denise Wojciechowski, ANTP dba Vlahos Dunn Insurance
- Tony Fronza, Conner Strong & Buckelew
- Jessica Jeffress, Peel & Holland
Most Engaged Vertafore Employees for 2018
- Neville Allen
- Lori Brennan
- Scott Cowan
- Bill Henson
- Kristin Hicks
- Nellie Massoni
- Dickinson Merrin
- Doug Mohr
- Sheri Prout
- Neil Snowdon
- Bruce Westman
Volunteer Development Program
NetVU created a Volunteer Development Program in 2017 to encourage and develop volunteers who are committed to NetVU's mission. Participants in the year-long program, which included a two-day hands-on leadership training course, were recognized.
Volunteer Development Program Graduates for 2018
- Lynn Albertson, NetVU
- Melissa Bond, NetVU
- Sue Brown, Cool Insuring Agency Inc.
- Crisanna Cabrera, Higginbotham & Associates Inc.
- Lauren Crosby, NetVU
- Sara Fish, CHS Insurance Services LLC
- Marlene Fletcher, TDECU Insurance Agency LLC
- Jeremy R. Fowler, RT Specialty
- Julie Freemire, The Burns Agency
- Laurie Gillam, Gardiner Allen DeRoberts Insurance (GAD)
- Hillarie Holcomb, NetVU
- Debbie Ivie, NetVU
- Victoria R. Jackson, Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC
- Gordon Kendall, The Main Street America Group
- Lisa Luna, BKCW Insurance
- Amy Nicholas, Highpoint Insurance Group, LLC
- Kate O'Toole, Dowling & O'Neil Insurance Agency
- Janet Schoenfeld, Landscape Contractors Insurance Services
- Deborah Shelley, The Craft Agency
- Janet Threadgill, Carnal-Roberts Agency, Inc.
- Venus Tondreau, Lake Michigan Insurance Credit Union
- Tammy Traser, Brown & Brown of Florida Inc.
- Chris Walters, USI
NetVU is an independent national member organization committed to providing industry advocacy, world-class education and networking to more than 25,000 insurance agencies, carriers and MGAs, and more than 500,000 users of Vertafore's solutions. NetVU's leaders envision a thriving, profitable insurance industry fueled by vibrant, efficient firms that fully
leverage everything Vertafore's products have to offer.