NetVU Announces New Executive Board
Posted on: 5/29/2020
IRVING, Texas (May 29, 2020) – IRVING, Texas (May 29, 2020) -- The Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) today announced its annual election of directors, each of whom will serve a one-year term on the organization's executive board beginning July 1. They are:
- Jessica Jeffress, Chairman, Peel & Holland, Benton, Kentucky
- Dean Giem, Chairman Elect, Paradox Insurance Agency, Kalispell, Montana
- Lorraine Plezia, Treasurer, Risk Strategies Company (RSC), Lincoln, Rhode Island
- Joe Clabaugh, Immediate Past Chairman, The Cincinnati Insurance Company, Cincinnati
- Dana Coates, At-Large Member, United Western Insurance Brokers, Pasadena, California
- Oliver Connor, At-Large Member, Connor Insurance Agency Inc., Sherrills Ford, North Carolina
- Jim Dahoney, At-Large Member, Marshall & Sterling, Poughkeepsie, New York
- Michelle Hoffert, At-Large Member, Baldwin Risk Partners, Lakeland, Florida
- Kate O'Toole, At-Large Member, Starkweather & Shepley Inc., Cohasset, Massachusetts
- Jim Rogers, At-Large Member, The Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut
- Joyce Sigler, At-Large Member, SeibertKeck Insurance Partners/Jones & Wenner, Fairlawn, Ohio
- Cassidy Smirnow, Vertafore Executive Sponsor, Vertafore, Denver (appointed by the Vertafore President/CEO)
This year's slate was chosen by a committee of NetVU peers, who reviewed applications and interviewed numerous candidates. Members ratified the slate by electronic poll during a virtual annual meeting because the organization's annual conference, Accelerate, was cancelled due to COVID-19.
Immediate Past Chairman Joe Clabaugh thanked retiring board members Michael Foy of Foy Insurance Group in Exeter, New Hampshire, and Jayne Rothman of Vertafore for their hard work, their many hours of service, and for their influence and leadership.
Incoming Chair Jessica Jeffress spoke about influence and challenged NetVU members to choose three things that would have the biggest impact at work. She pledged NetVU's support over the next year to help them complete those tasks.
NetVU has converted Accelerate 2020 into a virtual experience: The Summer of Accelerate. For the next three months, NetVU volunteers will deliver more than 100 educational sessions online free of charge that had been planned for the annual conference. Next spring, Accelerate 2021 will be held in Denver, which is also home to Vertafore headquarters.
The Network of Vertafore Users (NetVU) is an independent, national member organization committed to providing industry advocacy, world-class education and networking to the more than 30,000 insurance agencies, carriers, MGAs, compliance organizations and over 500,000 users of Vertafore's solutions. NetVU's members reside in every state and are supported by over 55 local and virtual chapters led by NetVU members.
Vertafore's comprehensive insurance management software solutions allow participants in the insurance distribution channel to adapt to an evolving insurance industry by efficiently scaling their businesses through deeper access to information and insights. The Vertafore platform features fast innovation, partnerships with leading technology companies, and customizable solutions to help companies remain independent during a time of industry disruption. As the leader in modern insurance technology with the largest customer base in the industry, Vertafore connects every point of the distribution channel, from agencies and carriers to MGAs, MGUs, and state governments. Vertafore's software connects each point across the insurance distribution channel to create a more seamless experience and allows its customers to achieve greater productivity, profitability, and connectivity with their clients and partners. By putting people at the heart of insurance technology, Vertafore aims to transform the industry. For more information about Vertafore, visit www.vertafore.com, read their blog, and follow them on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.